VANSTON PLACE

Biscoe + Stanton Architects has completed an estate regeneration programme at Vanston Place, an affordable housing estate of 220 flats, originally built in the 1920's, in a Conservation Area in Fulham Broadway, West London.

The estate is owned by the Southern Housing Group, formerly the Samuel Lewis Trust, and has undergone a complete modernisation programme over a number of years. The improvement works have included complete re-planning and restructuring of all existing blocks to bring them up to current standards, new hard and soft landscaping throughout the estate, and new community facilities. All existing residents have been re-housed on the estate in the refurbished blocks, with one block converted to provide flats for key workers.